Friday, March 18, 2011

Introducing: Vicky!!

Here is Vicky's Bio:

"Hello! My name is Victoria Hrabe. I am so excited to be on the Big Scrap Deal Design Team; thank you Michelle and Heather! I am originally from Nebraska, my son and I moved to Kansas in 2002, when I married Alec. Alec didn’t know what scrapbooking was until he met me and now he knows all the ins and outs about it. As a matter of fact, he is a big enabler; always willing to help me add to my scrapbook supplies and convince me I need more. I have scrapbooked for about 22 years, since my son was just a baby. My son used to scrapbook with me and now his wife is a scrapper.



There are a few tools you will always see me with; Fiskars trimmer, Zig black pen, adhesive and a small pair of sharp scissors. I have decided I am a scrapbook hoarder; I love it all! Many times someone will say something is out of style and no one uses that anymore. But that doesn’t matter to me, I use old and new supplies; if I like it I use it. I love to alter things too. A few years ago, I even altered a SKOAL container.



I have not met a scrap supply item yet that I didn’t like. A few of my favorite lines are; Tim Holtz, Bazzill, Echo Park, and Imaginisce. I have a confession; sometimes I buy things and don’t use them for awhile. They just live in my scrapbook room, until I have time to get them out and work with them. They seem to be very happy among their new friends though. I do have a room dedicated to my obsession, I mean hobby.  My scrapbook room has become home to my collection of Mickey and Coke items. It is jam packed, but it’s my own little space! Some of the ways I store my scrapbook supplies are a library card file cabinet for embellishments, mini stamps, Cricut vinyl and inks, a pegboard that I hang scissors and embellishments on, metal cubes I use as paper shelves, bins that hold my chipboard and a basket on my desk that holds my adhesive, pens and supplies I use often. The dogs have a little bed made up in the corner of my room so they can watch every move I make. Since moving to Kansas, I have organized a lot of fundraisers. One of my favorites is a scrapbook crop. I had 6 attend the first one I held. I will have my 16th crop on March 12th and am expecting 32 attendees. It’s a lot of work, but I have met some great people at the crops and I love seeing what everyone is working on. "

And here is the altered project she submitted specifically for BSD:



It's a fantastic accordion style mini book!


here's the top:




and here is her 3 colored layout with a handmade embellishment!


So excited to have you join us, Vicky!! -DeeDee

1 comment:

  1. Awesome projects Vicky!!!!! So excited to work with you on this :)

    ReplyDelete